It’s nearing the anniversary of Jane’s passing and whilst it has obviously been a sad time for her many friends and family, there is cause for celebration as the foundation set up in her honour has been able to make a real difference to those in need in Britain and overseas. We know that Jane would have been so touched in the way that people have supported these worthwhile causes so THANK YOU
We are hugely grateful for the continued support of those who give regularly by standing order and or support the various fundraising events we have organised. Below are a few of the highlights from the last six months:
- Quizzes at Charters and Wooden Hill schools were a great success, raising over £1000. Hopefully they will be annual fixtures! Please click on the links below for a presentation made by Kirsty and a summary of the talk given by David about the work of PONT and Motivation which he recently visited in Uganda
- Thanks to ‘Team Fider’ who raised over £600 for taking part in the Henley Tough Mudder in May(A half marathon run with obstacles!)
- In total over £15000 has been donated to a wide range of charities and with your support we hope to give even more for a long time to come, supporting immediate need and also to fund longer term sustainable projects.
For example the most recent donations have supported the following:
- The Samaritan Orphanage in Tanzania to complete building work on a medical clinic,
- PONT for the ongoing operation of lifesaving motorbike ambulances in rural Uganda.
- Motivation to provide bespoke wheelchairs to help continue the project detailed below which the foundation started in December 2014 (Insert Link)
Reminder of upcoming events in 2015
– Coffee and Cake morning in David’s Garden on 23rd May – 11-1pm
– August 23rd Cricket tournament and fun day starting from 11am
– August 31st Foundation fundraising day near Marlow (details to follow)
– Friday 23rd October – Dinner and Dance
We have a number of prizes which we are hoping to raffle or auction off including a pair of England V Australia Cricket tickets for the ODI at Lords on Saturday 5th of September and week in a villa in Spain and Portugal. Details of these to follow soon
100% of the money you give goes directly to the charities that the foundation supports. Please remember to Gift Aid any donations so your money goes even further.
Do please spread the word about the foundation and any questions or suggestions for fundraising ideas, then email email@example.com
David, Steve, Ed, Ol and Fred
Supporting organisations, charities or individuals who work to improve medical and educational services, alleviate human suffering, poverty or addiction in the United Kingdom and other parts of the world’